Waiheke Residents' Deal
If you live on Waiheke Island, you can take advantage of our special Waiheke Residents’ Deal.
These deals are only available for return trips, departing from Kennedy Point on Waiheke Island. They can be used on any of our ferries, including services to/from Half Moon Bay, East Auckland, and Wynyard Quarter, Auckland City.
- * Price based on extra passengers travelling with adult and car. Return travel must commence from Waiheke Island. All passengers are required to complete both sectors of their return. If this does not happen an upgrade to FULL FARE will be required. All prices include GST. We will accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners, EFTPOS. We do not accept cheques.
- ** Foot passenger same day conditions: Return travel must commence from Waiheke Island. Passengers are required to complete both sectors of their return trip on the same day. If this does not happen an upgrade to FULL FARE will be required.
- All prices include GST. We will accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners, EFTPOS. We do not accept cheques.
- Children = 5-15 years. Infants = 0-4 years free
- Further Waihake Residents' Deal terms and conditions apply
All passengers and vehicles travelling to/from Waiheke Island should check-in 30 minutes prior to departure. To get everyone loaded and ensure the ferry departs on time, we can’t guarantee passage if you’re running late.
If you’re travelling as a foot passenger, there’s limited parking available at the public carpark on Donald Bruce Road. It’s ‘first in, first served’, so it’s best to get there early. Check signs for time restrictions when parking as times do vary.
Public transport connections
Auckland Transport (AT) public transport buses stop at the Half Moon Bay Terminal and connect to Botany Town Centre, Gossamer Drive, Burswood, Howick, Middlemore, Otara and Highbrook.
Purchasing or renewing a monthly pass
To purchase a monthly pass, come down to our Kennedy Point office where you’ll be issued with a temporary pass to travel until you can get your photo taken at our Half Moon Bay office. All monthly passes are issued with your photo identification printed on them.
Each month, you can renew your pass by popping into either Kennedy Point or Half Moon Bay office to purchase your next month’s travel.
Gold AT HOP Cardholders
With a Gold AT HOP card you, can travel on SeaLink Waiheke Island services for free^, as long as you are not the driver of a vehicle. ^More information on our senior travel page.
Need to book a ferry for a tradesperson?
If you need to book a ferry for a tradesperson or a service company rep to visit you on the island, then check out our multi-trip passes for a cost effective way for them to travel.
Waiheke Residents' Deal terms and conditions
- Fares only available to Waiheke Island residents. SeaLink reserves the right to ask for proof of residency and if this cannot be provided, we reserve the right to charge full fares
- Travel is only available on a return basis and must originate from Waiheke Island
- All passengers originally booked with a vehicle must travel on the return journey; otherwise an upgrade fee will apply
- Fares may not be used in conjunction with any other offer
- SeaLink reserves the right to ‘close out’ sailings for residents’ deals at peak travel times
- Once travel has commenced, if terms and conditions are not observed, an upgrade to the full return fare will be required
- Cancellation fees apply. If a booking is cancelled in advance, money can be held in credit for future travel (valid up to a maximum of 12 months)
- Fares are subject to change without notice
- Waiheke Residents' Deal fares do not apply to any other vehicle types such as trucks, trailers or commercial vehicles
- Lost tickets will not be reissued. Should a ticket be lost, a new ticket will need to be purchased
- Loose freight is not permitted to travel unaccompanied on our services. For freight to/from the island, please see SeaLink Logistics.