Great Barrier Island residents' deal
If you live on Great Barrier Island, you can take advantage of our special Great Barrier Residents’ Deal.
These deals are only available for return trips, departing from Tryphena on Great Barrier Island and for sailings between August 1 and September 27, 2020.
All passengers and vehicles travelling to/from Great Barrier Island should check-in 60 minutes prior to departure. To get everyone loaded and ensure the ferry departs on time, we can’t guarantee passage if you’re running late, and your spot may then be allocated to one of the standby vehicles.
How to purchase your Great Barrier Island Residents’ Deal
The residents' car and two passengers deal can be booked online or by calling 0800 SEALINK (0800 732 546).
Travelling with pets
Dogs are permitted to travel on the ferry on the outside decks. Only a registered guide dog or assistance dog will be permitted to travel in the passenger lounge with their owner. Cats can travel from Great Barrier Island either in your vehicle or in an approved animal carrier cage.
Text alerts and newsletters
Sign up for our free text alert service and we’ll contact you about timetable changes, delays or cancellations. Sign up to our newsletter for the latest information, events and special deals.
Residents' terms and conditions
- Fares only available to Great Barrier Island residents. SeaLink reserves the right to ask for proof of residency and if this cannot be provided, we reserve the right to charge full fares
- Travel is only available on a return basis and must originate from Great Barrier Island
- Fares may not be used in conjunction with any other offer
- Additional passengers will be charged the standard return fare
- Deal applies to a standard vehicle only (up to 5.5 metres)
- SeaLink reserves the right to ‘close out’ sailings for residents’ deals at peak travel times
- Once travel has commenced, if terms and conditions are not observed, an upgrade to the full return fare will be required
- Cancellation fees apply. If a booking is cancelled in advance, standard cancellation fees apply.
- Fares are subject to change without notice
- Discounts do not apply to any other vehicle types such as trucks, trailers or commercial vehicles
- Lost tickets will not be reissued. Should a ticket be lost, a new ticket will need to be purchased
- Loose freight is not permitted to travel unaccompanied on our services. For freight to/from the island, please see SeaLink Logistics.