FreightLink Cartage - Great Barrier Island
FreightLink provides a depot to wharf service to Great Barrier Island, transporting freight to Tryphena, Port Fitzroy and Whangaparapara. SeaLink vessels also carries up to 23 cars, depending on the number of trucks and the volume of freight onboard.
FreightLink's Services include:
- General freight
- Container and temperature controlled goods
- Building supplies
- Palletised products
- Dangerous goods
- Fragile freight
For freight enquiries:
Call FreightLink on (09) 265 1279
Please drop off all freight to their East Tamaki depot (25 Springs Rd, East Tamaki) by 12.00pm the day before the sailing.
Transportation of Bees
No bees or hives are to be transported on a regular sailing at any time – all movements will be in evening and at night on individual charter or a fuel run. This is to be arranged with SeaLink.
- The bee keeper and transporter is required to remain on board and monitor the load.
- The bee keeper, and transporter are required to agree a suitable emergency plan and medical provision (such as the ability to administer adrenaline (Epi-pen) prior to sailing.
- All hives and hives are to be safely secured. The hive must be secure against shifting components, which would inevitably allow leakage.
- The hive must be suitably covered with netting preventing the bees escape.
- Vehicle(s) must be parked in gear with handbrake on – the vehicle is to be secured to the deck with tie down straps.
- Shipment will be refused if any of the above conditions are not meet and shipping is at the master’s discretion.
Please call us on 0800 732 546 to discuss you bee transportation arrangements.
For information regarding biosecurity requirements for freight to Great Barrier Island, contact Auckland Council Biosecurity (09) 301 0101.