Majestic scenery. Extraordinary wildlife. And an escape unlike any other. It’s all in a typical day’s work for us here at SeaLink – connecting people and businesses to the majestic Hauraki Gulf, so they can explore, transport stuff, commute, and share our love for the islands.
At SeaLink, we believe in connection and teamwork. People come and stay at SeaLink – because of “one boat, one team” we might have all arrived on different ships, but we are all on the same boat together, working towards a common goal.
When you join the SeaLink team, you can ensure your work life blend remains stable through routine, and with the flexibility and opportunity to provide a balanced lifestyle – for you and your own family.
At SeaLink, grow and progress personally and professionally. We offer unique career paths for life and with the right attitude, you can thrive and forge a rewarding career within the Sealink family.
About the role:
Reporting to the Risk and Sustainability Manager, this position is responsible for helping ensure SeaLink NZ, its employees and stakeholders meet the legal and compliance requirements associated with the associated Maritime and Health & Safety regulations.
Sealink is currently focussed on reviewing and enhancing work and safety procedures across our sites throughout Auckland, including Waiheke and Great Barrier. You will be primarily responsible for creating and documenting work and safety procedures for each site. You will also be the lead for training staff, working together to ensure full legal compliance and industry best practice is achieved and maintained.
Whilst experience in a maritime environment is not essential, it would be highly advantageous, as would exposure to logistics, transport or tourism industries.
This is a dynamic, constantly changing industry and you will have the opportunity to expand on your existing project management skills.
To be successful in the role you must have the following qualifications, experience and abilities:
- National Certificate in Health and Safety (Level 3) – minimum.
- Minimum 4 years in a similar health and safety role with knowledge of best practice and track record of implementation.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act (2015).
- Policy and procedure development and documentation skills.
- High levels of initiative and energy with solutions driven approach.
- Proven experience with engaging cross functional teams.
- High levels of initiative and energy with a solution driven approach.
- Strong MS Office skills and a high level of digital literacy
- Project management experience would be an advantage.
- Training in Incident Investigation e.g., ICAM, would be an advantage.
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary
- Awesome travel benefits via our vessels to Waiheke and Great Barrier Island
- Birthday leave - A paid day off to celebrate your birthday!
- Health Insurance
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Learning and development opportunities
- The opportunity to work for a company who cares about their people and communities
- Opportunity to work with passionate individuals and an incredible team
This role will be based at Half Moon Bay; however, you will be required to travel to our other sites – Pine Harbour, Wynyard Quarter, East Tamaki, Waiheke and Great Barrier.
If you believe you are the superstar we are looking for and can hit the ground running, please apply HERE
A copy of the position description is available upon request.
SeaLink has a strong commitment to workplace health and safety and the wellbeing of our people. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and a criminal record check. All applicants will be required to provide proof of their qualifications and eligibility to work in New Zealand.