Traffic Controller (Based at Half Moon Bay, East Auckland and Kennedy Point, Waiheke Island)
The role of the Traffic Controller is to control the movement of all vehicles & educate people on the correct way to move around the yard in accordance with our H&S guidelines to ensure the safety of all customers and staff. Reporting any H&S incidents via JobSAFE reporting system. You will also ensure the implementation of safe traffic management of the yard during operational hours and contribute to the ongoing safety practises of the company while maintaining the professional image of the SeaLink team by demonstrating the strong working ethics and values.
- Ensure all safety traffic actions plans are implemented and in practice
- Key contributor to changes and recommendations for on-going improvements
- Key role model in demonstrating of H&S practices
- Manage and provide training to any personnel when on site
- Ensure the correct equipment/ signs used are relevant for purpose
- Provide support to marshals and crew to ensure sailing schedules are on time
- Have solid relationships or engagement with all personnel to ensure smooth operational standards and clear lines of communication
- Key influence to all personnel of traffic management and H&S practises.
- Regularly report of all H&S challenges/ matters and recommendations
- Any other duties as required by management
- Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders
- Values importance of providing high quality customer service
- Interacts regularly with stakeholders to gain feedback and to ascertain ways to improve service
- Provides prompt, efficient and personal assistance in meeting operational requirements
- Establish sound communication channels with crew, on shore logistics employees and managers
- Keeps all relevant people informed on progress
- Represents ideas and thoughts in a clear, focused manner using effective verbal and non-verbal communication techniques in both formal and informal settings
- Identify personality traits and adjusts method and message accordingly
- Listens and asks perceptive questions that ensure understanding of core issues and messages
Qualifications, Experience & Skills;
- Traffic Control (TC) or Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) Level 1
- Essential – people engagement/ interaction
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Works will under pressure
What we offer;
• Min 40 hours a week
• Travel benefits
• To be a part of a hardworking and successful organisation
Customer Service and Logistics Manager (Based at Half Moon Bay, East Auckland)
To lead, develop and coach a team of people to their optimum performance levels. A key component of this role will be to energise the team to their full potential by providing coaching and daily feedback. As well as being a positive, willing, contributing and adaptable member of the team at all times you will ensure the smooth daily operations of the frontline services, working aligned with the crew, SeaLink engineering and the Sales Centre.
Maintain vessel schedules in the Jewel Reservation System (JRS) to ensure it meets the needs of the business including on line capability. Maintain Timetarget to ensure all rosters are updated and create weekly timecards for payroll. Be process driven and develop written documentation for operations, provide timely reporting of key revenue & cost centre figures and run/attend weekly progress meetings. Ensure Charters are scheduled correctly and coordination between customers, staff & crew managed appropriately.
• New employees are recruited in accordance with Sealink recruitment policies and procedures
• New employees are inducted in the areas of company policies and procedures, job responsibilities and safety and wellbeing within their first month of employment
• Ensure regular team briefs are held to update the team on business activities, team goals and progress
• Counselling, mentoring and coaching for all team members is provided as required both from the manager/leader and from approved external providers
• Manage the performance of direct reports individually and as a team, so they receive the support and direction they need to achieve their objectives in a manner consistent with the company vision and values
• Attendance is monitored and any issues addressed in a timely and effective way
• Lead and champion engagement action planning
• To prepare the scheduling of all vessels on both regular and charter services
• Complete rosters for all of crew on assigned vessels aligned with the company policies and guidelines
• Work closely with the company’s Health and Safety/ Safe Ship Manager, SeaLink engineering and sales centre to ensure that their requirements are included in the vessel, vessel scheduling and crew scheduling
• Work with the company’s internal and external customers to ensure they receive the agreed levels of service at all times
• Organise and manage Charter bookings, special services and movements
• Liaise with Auckland Transport on the schedules, reports & requirements of subsidised services
• Operational support with logistical processes, onsite terminal and marshall operations.
• Ensure that Permanent bookings are in JRS atleast 2 months in advance
• To ensure accurate and timely maintenance of Jewels Reservation System (JRS)
• Produce reports i.e. WIP and cost centre figures
• Assist with the ongoing development of the systems and reporting procedures
• Enter customer service team hours into Timetarget weekly to meet payroll deadline. (ensure team rosters are published at least 4 weeks in advance)
• Consistency communicate with all necessary parties of updates and activities
• Provide support to Crew Logistics and Charters Administrator when required
• Thrive on documenting processes on operations and systems
• Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders
• Acts with stakeholders in mind
• Values importance of providing high quality customer service
• Interacts regularly with stakeholders to gain feedback and to ascertain ways to improve service
• Provides prompt, efficient and personal assistance in meeting customer requirements
• Represents ideas and thoughts in a clear, focused manner using effective verbal and non-verbal communication techniques in both formal and informal settings
• Expresses ideas clearly, convincingly and concisely
• Reads the audience and adjusts method and message accordingly
• Listens and asks perceptive questions that ensure understanding of core issues and messages
• Ensures written documents of any nature are appropriate and of satisfactory quality
Qualifications, Experience & Skills;
- Team Leader Level 4 or similar
- Proficient in Outlook and window based products
- Able to demonstrate a high level of organisational and management ability
- Project management
What we offer;
- Min 40 hours a week
- Travel benefits
To be a part of a hardworking and successful organisation
Experienced Skippers (Based at Half Moon Bay, East Auckland)
SeaLink Travel Group is dedicated to the operation of a top quality service through their fleet of vessels on the Hauraki Gulf, transporting passengers, cars and freight to Waiheke and Great Barrier Islands, as well as a commuter service from Pine Harbour.
We are seeking motivated and highly skilled skippers to join our team based out of Half Moon Bay operating our car and passenger ferries to Waiheke Island. These daily services run 365 days a year.
Rostered hours between 3.00am to 9.00pm. Reporting to Group Operations and Logistics Manager.
- Responsible for their passengers on board as well as the vessel at all times by taking a proactive role in Safe ship and Health & Safety procedures
- Ensure to meet with scheduled sailings, while showing awareness of passenger activity in the cabin
- Check weather conditions for trip/s in conjunction with the Group Operations Manager
- Actively hands-on with maintenance with the Engineer department including engine checks and refuelling of the vessel
- Current marine qualifications including a minimum of ILM / SRL and MEC 6 or higher is desirable
- Pilot exemption is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- Proven record of marine experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively in dealing with customers, fellow crew members and management
- To demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic manner, produce quality service
- Must have a clean police record and must be able to work in New Zealand.
This position is for an immediate start. We offer a competitive hourly rate, full training and ongoing personal development opportunities, uniform and travel privileges.
SORRY NO AGENTS PLEASE
NEW APPLICANTS ONLY
Deckhand & Onboard Bar/Cafe Assistants
SeaLink Travel Group own and operate a fleet of ferries offering car, passenger and freight services, and holiday packages to Waiheke and Great Barrier Islands.
For the forthcoming season we have positions available for applicants with:
• High level of customer service experience
• Professional, positive ‘can do’ attitude and highly self motivated
• Ability to work under pressure
• Based at HMB and WW
• Full time position
• Flexibility with work hours and role requirements
• New Zealand residency or work permit
• Drivers license (Restricted or Full)
Responsible for ensuring all passengers and vehicles are ticketed and boarded safely. Responsible for achieving a high level of customer service and sales, in the bar/café.
• Previous sea-time and commercial vessel experience preferred
• Immediate start
• Must have QCD or STCW
• Rope handling
• Cleaning and maintenance work
• Cash handling and reconciliation
• Stocking of vessel and stocktaking
• Cleaning duties
Travel Sales and Service Consultant
SeaLink Travel, ferry operators to Waiheke Island, Great Barrier and throughout the Hauraki Gulf is looking for a ‘Sales and Service Superstar’ for our sales teams at Half Moon Bay & Wynyard Wharf in Auckland City. We have two positions available.
This vital role includes the accepting of inbound travel bookings, responding to enquiries, marshalling our Half Moon Bay and Wynyard services to Waiheke and Great Barrier Island and completing various documentation and administration tasks.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience and success in a customer focused role
- Excellent communication skills, preferably in a contact centre
- A Team Player with a Positive Attitude and Enthusiastic demeanour
- Experience with a reservation system, with good computer and keyboard skills
- Reliable, flexible and able to work to a set roster from 6am and weekends if needed
- Available for work for the whole of the summer including the Xmas period
- Full induction, training and development provided
CLASS 5 Drivers – take an overseas trip everyday!
Freightlink Cartage are part of the Sealink Travel Group and transport goods to Waiheke Island 8 times per day, 7 days a week. FreightLink Cartage are the largest freight provider to the island performing multiple services from courier runs through to on island Hiab. These aren’t your mundane transport runs. The routes we have will see you head over to the popular holiday spot of Waiheke Island on a regular basis.
- Class 5 truck & trailer driver with the ability to drive a range of units.
- Auckland metro pickups, Waiheke deliveries.
- Reversing onto boats.
- Hours are minimum 40 however expectation is for higher especially in summer.
- Start times can vary from 1am to 6am, with finish times from 1pm to 6pm depandant on the run.
- Minimum of 2 years Class 5 driving experience
- Good knowledge of Auckland Metro
- DG and forklift endorsement
- Physically fit
- Clean record, good communication skills, presentable and a team player.
Whilst we do have a Waiheke depot, the role will be based in East Tamaki.
We have an active social club and employee travel benefits to Waiheke and Great Barrier Island. Come and be part of the FreightLink team!