NOTE: We are not able to book trucks, trailers, concession passes or special promotional fares online.
Hiab Operator and Furniture Truck Driver
FreightLink Ltd has been specialising in transporting freight to Waiheke Island for 25 years. Over this time we have gained the rare reputation of competitive pricing with a high quality of service.
We are currently looking for a real team player to join our team based at East Tamaki. We require someone with a desire to provide a high level of customer service; work cohesively with their team mates to meet business standards and have a strong work ethic.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Class 4 furniture truck driver, and a Hiab operator required to be able to hit the ground running.
The key responsibilities:
• Driving the furniture truck to meet deadlines in a safe and careful manner
• Loading and unloading of furniture truck
• Confident and experienced Hi-Ab operator who has the ability to work on challenging sites.
• Maintaining and building strong relationships with suppliers and customers
• Delivering high levels of customer service
• Effectively communicating with internal and external businesses
• Ensure paperwork is accurate and completed in a timely fashion.
• Excellent driving skills and current driving licences
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
• Must have at least 3 years driving experience
• Have the capacity to grow and be adaptable
• Experience in the furniture/ freight industry
• Must have Licences Class 1 to 4 , fork hoist and Hi-Ab
• Must have a clean driving history
• Dangerous Goods endorsement is also desirable
• Must be NZ resident
• Knowledge of the wider Auckland area including travel on ferries to Waiheke Island
• Exceptional communication skills, must have clear and fluent English
• Despatching knowledge
• Flexibility to work long hours, various day required to start as early as 6am
• Time management and multi-tasking skills that enable you to work in a time pressured environment
• Excellent telephone manner and competent with all paperwork documentation
• Be a key influence of the team, and lead by example
• High standards of working ethics
This position offers a competitive hourly rate, with Monday to Friday and possibly half day Saturday, ability to work up to and in excess of 60 hours per week.
Offering ongoing personal development opportunities, uniform and travel discount privileges. Immediate Start desirable.